Knox encourages all interested prospective students to apply for admission to one of its programs of study. Admission to a program is based on a range of factors, including the applicant’s possession of intellectual skills, personal and spiritual maturity, and desire to serve God and others.
Admission to a master’s program with degree standing requires a bachelor’s degree (or its educational equivalent) from an accredited college with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Exceptions to the GPA requirement are made when, in the view of the Admissions Committee, the student’s other credentials indicate a clear potential to complete the requirements of the degree program to which he or she would be admitted. Therefore, all interested students should apply, regardless of their GPA.
Qualified applicants who have received an unaccredited bachelor’s degree, or whose college GPA is below 2.75, are granted provisional admission with an academic review upon completion of a minimum of 12 credits to determine if the applicant should be granted full admission to continue in the degree program.
Additional Application Requirements:
Admission may be granted to your program of study on the basis of the credentials stated above, or the Admissions Committee may contact you for one or more of the following:
- A personal interview
- An entrance exam in any subject deemed basic to seminary study.
To apply for admission to one of the Seminary’s programs or as a Special Student, the prospective student should submit their completed application form along with the following items:
- Applying to Knox has never been easier. We have a convenient online application available. Our system will help you stay organized, give you helpful checklists, and keep you updated on your application progress.
- Distribute reference forms to be completed and mailed directly to the Admissions Office.
- Arrange for official transcripts from all undergraduate and/or previous graduate schools — even if no program was completed and even if the credits appear as transfer credit on another transcript — to be sent directly from the institution to the Admissions Office.
- $100.00 Application Fee (make checks payable to Knox Seminary). You may also submit your application fee electronically.
- Your typed personal testimony (500-1000 words). It should include (a) a comprehensive account of your relationship with Jesus Christ, your continuing Christian life, and service in which you’ve been involved, and (b) your reasons for pursuing or continuing your theological training, including your vision and call to ministry, your theological beliefs, and how you feel you will benefit from your seminary training.