Take a detour from the ordinary and rev up your ministry training with a tuition-free online class! You can experience a seminary education and benefit from the flexibility of the online classroom without being a student.
Some say life is a highway…. and you have to start somewhere!
Knox is currently offering a tuition-free online class (valued at $1125 for master’s-level courses and $1275 for doctoral-level students) to individuals that want to take seminary for a spin, gain valuable insight for ministry, and remain in the driver’s seat (keeping your current ministry status). If after the test-drive course you would like to become a student, Knox is offering a fantastic opportunity for you to earn those course credits and apply them to your degree. Consider it a warm-up lap in the journey of theological education and fulfilling your calling.
“I am 54 years old and found myself considering pursuing a more formalized Bible education. Knox Seminary was recommended to me and they responded quickly to my inquiries. Within a week I found myself beginning the Starter Class. They made it quick, simple and free. There were absolutely no excuses for not giving it a try. The website was intuitive in nature and the professor responded immediately to questions and concerns. I found the video lectures interesting and the balance of lectures and reading appropriate. One of the unexpected joys was meeting people all across the country with a heart to know and serve our Lord God better. The encouragement given to one another was another illustration of the family of God at work. This has truly been a great experience.” ~Lois
“It has been my privilege to take the free NT Survey class from Knox Theological Seminary. As a veteran minister of the Gospel it has been a great experience to walk a familiar path past Ancient Landmarks and reexamine them. What a thrill to discover deeper meaning and greater substance to Scriptures that I have known for so long. The personal touch of the staff has aided that experience. From my interaction with the head of the program to the person answering the phone they all have treated me as though I were a full-time student. I have enjoyed the three-fold approach of the class; Scripture, Textbook, Lecture. This methodology has kept Scripture as the center point.” ~Pastor Trent
1) Familiarize yourself with our different programs. We have two online master’s-level programs available–the Master of Arts (Christian and Classical Studies) and the Master of Arts (Biblical and Theological Studies). Online doctoral-level courses may be offered depending on availability and scheduling.
2) We encourage you to fill out our inquiry form and get started today! Because this class could count as credit toward your seminary degree, the starter class opportunity is only available to students who meet the academic requirements for admission found on each one of the respective program pages. Once you fill out the inquiry form and we follow up with you to determine your goals, you will be entered in the online classroom and you will get to experience it for yourself just like a student would. You can either audit or take the course for credit. If during the course you make the decision to become an official Knox student, we will ask you to then go through the application process.
3) A range of courses will be offered based on the schedule from New Testament and Old Testament Surveys to Church History, Systematic Theology, courses in the Christian and Classical Studies program, and preaching courses.
Monday, April 8–NT502 New Testament 1 – Gospels and Acts starts Monday, May 13–NT502 New Testament 1 – Gospels and Acts starts
Monday, June 17–NT502D New Testament Survey 1 – Gospels and Acts starts
Monday, July 1–NT502D New Testament Survey 1 – Gospels and Acts starts
June start–inquiry must be submitted by Monday, June 10, 2013
July start–inquiry must be submitted by Monday, June 24, 2013
Monday, May 13–DM872 The Epistle to the Hebrews: Exegesis and Theology
*To take advantage of this unique opportunity, please know that all required information must be completed and submitted no later than one week prior to the start of classes.
1) You must submit an inquiry form to be eligible for the tuition-free starter course. We need to know who you are and what your goals are. It’s all a part of us wanting to get to know you and be your co-pilot. After the inquiry is received and we follow up with you, you will be enrolled in a Knox Online classroom that is available and follow the same eight-week schedule as our Knox online students. You will read, participate in discussions, complete coursework assigned, and take exams. Upon successful completion, you will be granted the three-credit class unless you decide to audit the course.
2) Because you will be on the same schedule as our current online students, you will be able to quickly transition to the next course if you decide to officially become a student.
3) The tuition-free starter course is not transferable to any other seminary and only credited to your account if you become a student and continue your theological education at Knox.
1) All courses are taught by the faculty of Knox Theological Seminary.
2) Good to know: Knox Online has a 98% retention rate.
3) This opportunity is only applicable for new Knox students and does not apply for existing students.
Don’t wait idly by and get stuck in neutral. If you have the desire, then we have the engine. Get started with our tuition-free starter class but don’t let finances stop you in your tracks. If money is an issue, stay fueled with our convenient payment plans that will help you go the distance. Our desire is to meet you where you are at and help you get to where you want to go.
We would love to discuss this opportunity with you. Please call Team Admissions at 1-800-344-KNOX anytime. We are here to help!
Let this starter course be the genesis of your journey. Turn the key and get started today!